PETER J. YAREMCHUK
Present Position and Professional Career
Peter is a founding partner and is the current managing partner.
Peter s professional experience includes full responsibility, including coordinating and audit planning, for a large variety of companies, financial organizations, local governments and associations. Other responsibilities included lecturing in Professional Development Programs and participating in the appraising and evaluating of professional staff.
Peter is a Bachelor of Commerce graduate of the University of Alberta (1967). He was admitted to membership in the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta in 1969.
Peter has been recognized by his peers and fellow volunteers for his continuing contribution to the accounting profession and the community.
Peter was awarded the very distinguished Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta (FCA) in 2002.
In 2004 Peter was elected as a Paul Harris Fellow by his rotary club.
Professional and Community Service
Peter has lectured to professional groups in accounting, auditing, taxation and other business-related subjects.
Peter has been involved extensively in the Chartered Accountants profession in various capacities throughout his entire career.
Current Professional Service
Peter is a member of the recognition committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta.
Past Professional Service
• President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta in 2006-2007.
Chair of numerous governance committees.
• Elected member of council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
of Alberta (4 years)
• President and Director (6 years) of Western CA Services Association
• Joint Standards Directorate (3 years)
• Practice Review Committee (4 years)
• Conduct and Discipline Committee (3 years)
• Discipline Advisory Board (4 years)
• Fee Mediation Committee (3 years)
• FCA Selection Committee (2 years)
• Special Investigator for Complaints Enquiry Committee (6 years)
• President and Director (5 years) of Edmonton Chartered Accountants Club
Current Community Services
• Member of Rotary Club of Edmonton South
Past Community Service
• Chairman—Finance & Accountability Committee of St. Joseph’s Auxiliary
• Director of St. Joseph’s Auxiliary Hospital
• Treasurer and Director—Rotary Club of Edmonton South
• Chairman—Pioneer Dinner Committee
• Treasurer and Director—Northern Lights Theatre
• Treasurer and Board Member—Edmonton Ringette Association
• Advisor—Huculak Chair of Ukrainian Culture and Ethnography
• School Advisory Committee and Parent Advisory Committee—St. Martins
• Board of Management—St. Basil’s Parish